Yes, it’s a daunting task to choosing which type of fire extinguisher is right for your commercial building! But, at the same time, it is a life-saving decision when you go for selecting an extinguisher, especially for commercial construction. According to The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the types of fire extinguishers needed for each category of a commercial building is responsible for ensuring their proper use and maintenance with inspections each month.
The kind of fire extinguisher parameters for your location depends on two main factors; one is the pre-defined hazard level of your building and square footage of the building. And, the classifications for hazard levels are as follows:
- Light Fire Hazard: - fire extinguishers not more than 75 feet apart
- Ordinary Fire Hazard I: - fire extinguishers every 75 feet height
- Ordinary Fire Hazard II: - fire extinguishers between 30 to 50 feet at a distance
- Extra Fire Hazard: - fire extinguishers from 30 to 50 feet at a distance
- Commercial Kitchens: - fire extinguishers of every 30 feet height
Now a question arises, which type of fire extinguisher you require to install in your building for fire prevention? If this is the case, choose VariEx – its professionals are always there for you to help. We at VariEx / Variexonline.com (one of the best safety equipment suppliers and fire protection manufacturers) are experienced in fire protection services and capable of offering expert guidance on fire extinguishers and more fire fighting devices. We are dedicated to providing fire extinguishers in bulk to meet all of your commercial building’s fire protection needs.
What is the top category of fire extinguisher for your commercial building recommended to install?
There are certain steps, and if you follow all of those, then your building will be readily prepared in the face of a fire emergency
- The most important feature of any fire extinguisher is that it should be functional, which means you need to check every month that the gauge remains in the green, and annually scheduling maintenance with professional fire safety company to ensure it is in good condition.
- You also need to ensure that your fire extinguisher is within reach (read about proper physical set-up here) and make sure that your staff is trained in how to use the extinguisher if necessary.
Over to You
If you are a business owner of any commercial segment to make sure you have the proper type of fire extinguisher, always stay in touch with a fire protection company to come out to inspect the building.
For more information on a fire extinguisher or fire protection or safety equipment used in any city across India, call VariEx today!