Fire extinguishers are the foremost part of protecting people and reducing any fire damage when a fire occurs in their home or business. Fire extinguishers are playing a major role in your fire safety plan but, only if you know how to operate the extinguisher properly. It’s not enough to have a fire extinguisher in your home, or at work, you need to understand how it works or usage guide. Comprehending this, a training program for Fire Extinguisher should be provided to the people to familiarize themselves with the operation of the Safety Equipment.
Therefore, it is important to attend the fire extinguisher training sessions. Appropriate fire extinguisher training helps ensure you to know the correct way to assess a fire situation (types of fire). The training will help you hold the extinguisher correctly you may not hurt yourself, or not face any problem extinguishing the fire. You will also be able to know what kind of fire the extinguisher is best suited to extinguish.
(Image Source: Suddeutsche.com)
Now a question arises, why should we get fire extinguisher types’ training for you, your family, or your employees? Have a look at the importance or benefits of fire extinguisher training.
- You feel more confident in an emergency - your fast response could be enough to diffuse a fire at the source and stop it from spreading.
- Taking the time to train you and your family could potentially save lives, reduce property loss and minimize recovery time.
- The fire extinguisher is more effective for you only when you know how to hold it and aim it properly.
- You operate a fire extinguisher is less likely to hurt yourself at the time of putting out the fire if receive proper training first.
- Training ensures you to know what symbol mentioned on the front of the portable fire extinguisher relates to which type of fire. However, using the wrong type of extinguisher could make the flames worse.
- Fire extinguisher training could allow you for possible deductions on your building’s insurance premiums.
Do you need a professional fire extinguisher instructor to visit your home or business location and offer a hands-on opportunity to put out a virtual fire? If this is the case, you may contact VariEx that provides fire safety equipment (extinguisher) training sessions irrespective of any sector (residential, commercial, education institutes, corporates, etc.). You can rely on us to get extensive training to operate all types of extinguishers safely and effectively irrespective of the class of fire you are dealing with.
VariEx arranges a complete state-of-the-art virtual reality fire training by putting a real fire extinguisher in your hands, without any potential complications due to weather. Trainers will learn PASS procedure (Pull the pin, Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire, Squeeze the trigger fully, and Sweep side to side) to extinguish a virtual fire projected in front of them. Each member, whether the person is you or your family member or your employee, all can practice multiple times and ask questions to the professional fire extinguisher instructor until they feel like they could handle putting out a real fire.
Simple Tips for Using a Fire Extinguisher
- You should never operate a fire extinguisher unless it is safe. If in doubt, you should leave the sight of the fire and call for professional help.
- You must pull the safety pin firstly to use a fire extinguisher. When the safety pin of the cylinder is pulled, this will break the seal.
- It is recommended to work in pairs when trying to extinguish a fire, for safety purposes.
- You should extinguish the fire without fear of being burned or consumed by smoke inhalation.
- You should carefully squeeze the two handles together to discharge the extinguisher and you simply let go of the handles to stop extinguishing the fire.
- You should always use a sweeping motion when attempting to extinguish a fire.
Over to you
People make sure they are fully aware of using a fire extinguisher properly, and it can be possible by attending fire extinguisher training. With the proper use of such devices and fire prevention measures in daily life, lives can be saved, and property damage can be avoided. For professional training, contact us right away!